This mosque is constructed by first Shah Tahmasb’s order. After Ottoman aggression to Iran, it was destroyed. Its history exactly backs to safavid era of Iran and in 1380 Hijri-Shamsi it was registered as national heritage for Iran.
The mosque was damaged because of earthquake in 1193 Hijri-Shamsi and in 1266 Hijri-Shamsi was repaired again by Mirza Ali Akbar Khan’s order who was the translator of the Russian consulate in Tabriz and Akbarieh School was established in of its yards.
The building includes a dome and two minarets which are very different in shape with other mosques.